Monday, March 2, 2009

Womens conference

Well My Mom invited me to go to a Womens conference in St.Johns this last Saturday. We got to listen to Sister Burgess from Snowflake...She is an amazing speaker she tells of the trials her and her mother went through as they try to escape Germany when Adolf Hitler was in power, She is an amazing woman and the things she went through strengthen me, to know the things she had to endure, makes me realize that my problems are simple in comparison to many others.

Then we got to here Sister Okasaki speak, she was simply amazing and on Sunday it was fast Sunday and I know I was supposed to get up and bear my testimony but that is one thing I have such a hard time doing. I wanted to share some of the things she spoke of...we are probably aware for the most part, but it was awesome...so I will share here instead....The first thing she talked about was teaching our children correct principles and then letting them govern themselves...she was an educator (teacher and a principal) and she tells how this principle always seemed to work for her. I know as parents we try our hardest to teach our children correct principles, but do we trust them enough to let them govern themselves?....It is hard to not want to continually help them make good choices, if we allow them to start at a young age to choose right from wrong, and learn that there are always consequences then as they get older it will be easier for them to make good decisions.

Then the rest of the hour was spent talking about seeking Jesus...It was so amazing...and so uplifting I wish all the women that I am close to could have been there....The questions that she asked were
What seek ye?
  • whom seeketh thee
  • how seeketh thee
  • where seeketh thee
  • why seeketh thee
Jesus is always seeking us...we should seek him
Activities that will help us seek him...
Seek the Lord and his strenght
Give thanks unto the Lord
Call upon his name
Make known the works of the Lord to others
Be mindful of his covenants

These are personal
You and God
The only thing that can stop us from seeking the Lord is Us!

His is Seeking us!

We do not have to be perfect to seek the Lord...We have to have a prepared heart. Desire and Diligence!

We should seek him by serving others..

Where seeketh thou...
We serve Jesus in the Poor, not only those who are poor as to the things of the world...but especially those who are poor in spirit.

Why Seeketh thou...
Because no other reality compares to the realization the GOD LOVES US!
When we know that God Loves Us we can do anything.

I am so thankful I had the opportunity to go to this conference! It was uplifting and rejuvenating to me as a Wife and Mother.

4 comments:

Welcome said...

I am so jealous!!!I can't wait till I can go to Womens Conference at BYU someday. I listen to the WC talks on BYU channel all the time. They are very uplifting. Thank you so much for sharing what you learned. You are a wonderful example Sandra, and an inspiration to me in so many ways.

Welcome said...

I forgot to tell you, I love your background and header. The header is too cute!!

Misty Smart said...

That was so nice Sandra!! I am going to go to Womens conference in Utah in April and i swear I am counting down the days. I already have all the classes I want to go to picked out! You are the best mom!! Call me when you aren't busy I need to ask you something. Like 9pm is great for me so I can pay attention cuz my kids will be in bed fast asleep.

Erica Shurter said...

Love your new header!!! I need another lesson, it has been too long and I don't remember! I'm so sorry! And I still have a bag of clothes for you, it wasn't me who put the others in your car!