Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friday the 17th (are you sure it wasn't the 13th?)

We had a crazy day on Friday.....Well it started out wonderful I was able to take a photography class on camera settings which was much needed and I got to go to lunch with my sweetheart. Then I rushed home got the kids ready because we had a work party for John at 4:oo. I was visiting with a friend my kids were piled in the suburban when I look over and Andy is on top of the Suburban and Zemira is trying to get there. I said Zemira get in the car or you are going to fall and break your head...bout that time he fell out the window...(I guess I probably should have gone over and put him back in the car hind sight I guess)...It bled a bunch look horrible but tuned out to be a very tiny scratch or maybe dent but all was well were on our way....Then the light came on...almost out of gas. I wasn't too worried because I thought I would have enough to get to town, surely they give you at least 30 miles. Well nope....Made it about 10 miles from home and my car died....not to mention I had not brought my phone. It was on vibrate from my class earlier so I couldn't call it to find it, so I just called John let him know we were leaving... So we were on the side of the road with no gas in our tank, no phone to tell John, Feeling horrible that John would be missing his work party. I am not sure how long we sat there with no one stopping, a few of our friends past by without stopping ( i think it was they are not used to the new suburban I convinced myself had it been the blue suburban they would have stopped) finally a lady stopped let me use her cell phone so John was on his way with gas!... John got there put the gas in but the suburban would not start not sure if it was the angle or that I had tried starting it too many time to get it off the road more. So we pushed it down the hill tried to start it and we had ran the battery down...So off John went to Vernon to get Jumper cables. The kids were tired and we were pretty far off the road now so I let them out to stretch. Alice and Andy found some bottles and were throwing them at the tree and one took a bad bounce and hit Andy in the forehead he instantly got a knot on his forehead. So John got back we got on the road had a great time at the party...no more injuries other than Curtis headbutting the table.

I did get to try out some of the things I learned in my class while sitting at the side of the road!...

I guess this is what memories are made of!

4 comments:

Welcome said...

I love it Sandra! I've decided on days like that you just have to go with it. Make the best of it and laugh alot. I love Alice's hair!! All your scrapbook pages look great, I love all the pictures. Since my Therapy session with you this summer, I have really slowed down. It has really helped me on days like that. Thanks for always being such a wonderful friend. Wish we lived closer, as always :)

Caitlin said...

Great pictures of the kids! I love the one of Trenda & Talon! What a stinky day, though.

Erica Shurter said...

ha ha ha! That is so your luck! You only told me about the wonderful camera work shop! You poor thing... but I love the pics! I have to take that class! :)

Hazel said...

Sandra you are awesome. You didn't even seem to phased by it all . I love that you took the time to capture some great pictures of your beautiful kids. :) Miss ya